Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Finns and the Ranch

During my second week out here, we were sitting down for dinner one night and it suddenly felt as if a huge windstorm blew in--there was some shaking and a roar like a rushing wind. Mrs. F just sat there with this pleased smile on her face and twinkle in her eye and said, "Oh. We just had and earthquake", with the assurance that no danger could penetrate her haven of a home.

The next day, I decided to look up where The Ranch was in location to the San Andreas fault. I was surprised to find that while little in the way of man-made interests were within walking distance of The Ranch, the fault certainly was (from this great website):

Strange coincidences in the Finn household: her handwriting looks just like my Mom's, they have a set of plates just like ours at home, and it feels like I'm in G&G C's house--lots of books, knick nacks, and home-snapped photos on the walls.

No comments: