Friday, August 31, 2007

Ghostwriter

So yesterday morning I got an e-mail from one of the radiation oncology attendings I work with saying that a paper we submitted for publication has been accepted. Sweet! I'll finally have a presence on PubMed. It's been an interesting experience, and now I realize that the medical paper I'm reading may have been written by a medical student sitting in the library in front of a computer, distracted by the beautiful day outside that he wasn't enjoying.

Speaking of distractions, I had to step out of the library yesterday while the incoming first-years had a "library scavenger hunt". Surprisingly, it didn't look like much fun, but their yet-undampened enthusiasm for learning about how to use the library let them see past that. I was going to take a picture of this strange scene, but as their were several attractive young ladies in the group, I didn't want to come across as the weirdo in the library with a camera.

Also, I saw this picture in an article that set the anti-smoking campaign behind by at least 4 years:

No comments: